Keeping a track of how well you are performing is very important factor that’s critical to not ignore. When you are trying Zwift, your statistic needs to be on check more than ever since that’s how you tell whether the movement is working well for you or not.
Using an appropriate speed sensor for Zwift can give you a boost of speed for a successful workout session with the right data on your capabilities.
However, here’s the shortlist of 7 best speed sensor for Zwift:
- Wahoo RPM Cycling Cadence Sensor– Track Real-Time Cycling Details with This One***Most Popular For Zwift
- Wahoo RPM Cycling Speed Sensor– A Sleek and Light Option to Try Out***Overall Best
- CooSpo RPM Cycling Speed and Cadence Sensor– Enjoy In Any Weather with This One
- XOSS Bike Cadence Sensor & Speed Sensor– Get Better Battery Support to Track with This One
- Cat Eye ANT+ Speed and Cadence Sensor– Achieve Your Fitness Goal with This One
- Garmin Bike Speed 2 Sensor– Find Easy Connecting Tracker with This One***Recommended
- Magene S3+ Cycling Speed and Cadence Sensor– A Dustproof Tracker to Try Out Now
Best Speed Sensor For Zwift
Let’s talk about the seven recommendations we have for you in the complete reviews below.
1. Wahoo RPM Cycling Cadence Sensor– Track Real-Time Cycling Details with This One
With a compact size, this sensor makes sure no losing or mishaps when riding with it. It also allows you to get rid of mislaying to use comfortably outside as well as indoor.
This cadence sensor on top has amazing fitness apps that upload automatically. To enjoy this feature, you can use the apps in your phone, tablet, or other devices as well.
On the whole, it’s one best cadence sensor for Zwift, Komoot, RideWithGPS, Peloton, and other apps. This sensor is also a good pick for those who want ANT+ friendly options.
- It appears with a universal fitted design.
- The sensor is suitable for iOS and Android devices.
- It has a decent price point.
- The user guide is written clearly to understand.
- Great pick for the peloton app.
- It takes time to connect.
2. Wahoo RPM Cycling Speed Sensor– A Sleek and Light Option to Try Out
This speed sensor on top comes with amazing tracking ability with any compatible devices of iOS, Windows, and Android. It also allows you to use the sensor with your phone, tablets, and monitors too.
And, it has an easy to install apps design that allows you to get the latest news related to sports. This thing helps to keep you up with sports to inspire doing what you are up to.
By and large, this speed sensor is a cool option if you want an easy behaving and smart featuring setups. It is also good for anyone who wants to track faster and improves riding.
- It is compatible with iPhone and Windows 10.
- The speed sensor pairs at ease.
- It shows workout updates fast.
- This is a good option for mountain and road bike use.
- It has a powerful battery.
- Hard to fit on modem and disc hubs.
3. CooSpo RPM Cycling Speed and Cadence Sensor– Enjoy In Any Weather with This One
On top of that, this sensor comes with 2 indicators in LED light that pop out blue and red. The red light indicates speed sensor while the blue one indicates cadence.
This sensor is also great for using with your smartphones, tablets and bike computers. It is on top easy to set up.
In general, the speed or cadence sensor is an excellent pick for those who want light and simple tracking options. It also allows riders to increase riding speed to reach the aim in fewer days.
- Good pick for both outdoor and indoor use.
- The price point is reasonable.
- It comes with a straight forward setup.
- The device appears with 2 sensors LED indicators.
- It has good client service.
- Not good for long-term usage.
4. XOSS Bike Cadence Sensor & Speed Sensor– Get Better Battery Support to Track with This One
This sensor on top comes with an amazing pairing option with Bluetooth and ANT+ for viewing the tracks. It is also good for using in your android or iPhone 7.0 versions at ease.
Plus, this sensor has a great feature to see cadence and speed data track at the same time. It allows you to fix the sensor on the crank and hub to view two data together.
Usually, this sensor is a big deal for anyone who wants a good investment with quality options. It also doesn’t need magnets.
- It comes at an affordable price point.
- The speed or cadence sensor is simple to install.
- Perfect options for tracking speed and distance.
- It is good for harsh weather use.
- This sensor has a slim and light design.
- Sadly, the client support is dreadful.
5. Cat Eye ANT+ Speed and Cadence Sensor– Achieve Your Fitness Goal with This One
With the best cadence sensor for Zwift apps, it gives you the highest level of speed-accuracy to improve. This thing also makes sure you never lose the aim you targeted.
This sensor is also great for using with all ANT+ cycle computers and devices to enjoy the self-quarantine practice. It also allows you to practice riding outside too.
Overall, this sensor for most bikes is decent for those who want convenient, light, and quality options. It is also good for people to enjoy riding all day to increase their skills.
- This dual-sensor is easy to pair.
- Durable pick for a longer period of use.
- It tracks all riding activities quickly.
- For the quality, it’s hard to beat.
- The battery is super strong to last long.
- It doesn’t appear with an instruction guide.
6. Garmin Bike Speed 2 Sensor– Find Easy Connecting Tracker with This One
This smart and cool tracking sensor on top allows you to track most things without losing battery power. It also allows you to enjoy for 1 year with no maintenance.
Want to know the coolest part? This sensor helps you to accurately determine your riding speed, control, and distance at once. It also helps you stroke pedal faster to count with no trouble.
Generally, this sensor is a blessing for every rider who wants low energy technology to use many training apps. It is also good to use all day in six seasons.
- It fits fine in modems and MTB hubs.
- Great pick for measuring mileage.
- It appears with 2 sensors options.
- The speed and cadence sensor is easy to use.
- It is waterproof and weatherproof.
- Some people find trouble with the battery.
7. Magene S3+ Cycling Speed and Cadence Sensor– A Dustproof Tracker to Try Out Now
With the recording cycling speed index, the TACX speed and cadence sensor Zwift apps allow you to track your riding details. This thing helps improve riding.
It also comes with ANT+ and Bluetooth 4.0 version compatibility to connect easily. This thing also takes 1 minute to pair with no snag.
Generally speaking, this sensor is an amazing pick if you want a speed and cadence mood with long battery life. It is also good for fatigue-free usage.
- It has a watertight design.
- This sensor is good for daily use.
- It helps to improve accuracy.
- The sensor is effortless to pair.
- It has decent value.
- Not for Apple watch.
Factors to Consider for the Top Speed Sensor For Zwift
If you want the best Zwift compatible speed and cadence sensors, it’s vital to think of some facts. Surely, you want to pick good quality speed sensors at a reasonable value. So, here are some aspects for you to make the decision easier.
Choose Bluetooth or ANT+ Compatible One
Speed sensors should come with good compatibility to connect in any device with no snag. In fact, most brands have Bluetooth and ANT+ suitable speed sensors so that the rider connects to their phones, tablets, or monitors.
Check the Waterproofing Ability
As you’ll ride your bike on the roadside, it should come with a rainproof outline to never face the trouble of water damage. For every rider, an IP67 grade watertight speed sensor is okay to cycling all day in any weather. So, make sure to pick a watertight speed sensor that can keep you trouble free while using.
Consider the Battery Power
Zwift compatible speed and cadence sensors are excellent if they have good battery power for long hours riding. If you ride 1 hour a day, the working time of 200-400 hours can be enough for you to use in a year. Also, ensure that the speed sensor you choose is fixed.
Inspect the Speed Sensor Design
You definitely want to invest in speed sensors that have a sleek and lightweight design for fitting securely. It’ll not only support you to ride faster but also helps never lose the speed sensor outside or home.
The Ideal Choice: Zwift Power Meter or Speed Sensor
Zwift power meter or speed sensor is a tiny gadget that allows you to use your rear wheel to train yourself with no mentor. It is a helpful device that measures your riding progress such as speed, distance, strokes, and other details too in any android and iOS suitable phones.
On top of that, this device helps riders to go faster by making a habit of practicing daily. It also allows you to track your riding ability both riding on outside as well as indoor. This device on top allows you to transfer data with the famous Zwift and other apps.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques: Does a cadence sensor help to improve riding?
Ans: The cadence sensor is a small device that helps you biking outside while tracking your overall riding progress. With this device, you will see your long hours of workout results for slowly increasing riding skills. It also ensures riders are using apps to track everything that helps to correct performance.
Ques: Is it possible to track distance with a speed sensor?
Ans: Yes, you can track distance with a speed sensor. Basically, the speed sensor is being used in the pedal liner that can count the distance with given software to track the GPRS system. No matter where you are riding, it’ll measure the distance.
Ques: What is the price of a speed sensor?
Ans: Most brands come with $10 to $100 dollars depending on the quality, vehicle year, and model as well. However, for special vehicles usage, the speed sensor should cost higher than average.
And that’s all folks! We hope you have the right idea regarding choosing the best speed sensor for Zwift that matches your sessions and needs the most. You can pick any one these 7 picks from our list.
These are super-efficient and works with accurate data to keep your routines under check. Also, don’t forget to pay attention to each and every factor that is critical in making a wise choice. Best of Luck!